COMPETITION FOR ENROLLMENT IN DOCTORAL ART STUDIES FOR ACADEMIC YEAR 2015/2016
The Faculty of Fine Arts enrols up to 20 students in the first year of doctoral art studies in the following manner:
Painting Department – BUDGET:maximum 4 students, SELF-FINANCING:maximum 8 students
Graphics Department – BUDGET:maximum 1 student, SELF-FINANCING:maximum 2 students
Sculpture Department – BUDGET:maximum 2 students, SELF-FINANCING:maximum 3 students
The candidates who have completed
- master academic studies in an adequate field of art, or earned at least 300 ECTS credits, with a grade point average of at least 8.5 (eight and a half) and at least grade 9 (nine) in the diploma exam;
- undergraduate art studies according to the previous laws, with a grade point average of at least 8.5 (eight and a half) and at least grade 9 (nine) in the diploma exam,
shall be entitled to enrol in doctoral studies, which are worth 180 ECTS credits.
Exceptionally, candidates who do not fulfil the requirements envisaged by the enrolment rules for doctoral art studies, i.e. a grade point average of at least 8.5 and at least grade 9 in the diploma exam, but have had at least five years of successful art practice recognized by the public, shall be entitled to take the entrance exam.
Deadlines for implementing the competition:
Applications for the doctoral studies competition:
Thursday, 24 September and Friday 25 September 2015, from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Results of the doctoral art studies entrance exam:
Monday, 28 September at 2 p.m.
Enrolment of admitted candidates:
Thursday, 1 October 2015
All candidates shall take an entrance exam related to a specific study programme and academic degree.
Candidates taking the entrance exam shall be evaluated on the basis of a point system.
The ranking list shall be made based on the overall number of points of each candidate in accordance with established criteria.
A candidate may earn maximum100 points:
- Academic standing achieved in the course of previous education- maximum 30 points;
- Results achieved in the entrance exam- maximum 70 points.
It is considered that the candidate who has earned at least 40 of maximum 70 points, have passed the doctoral art studies entrance exam.
Candidates shall be entitled to file a complaint if they deem that the entrance exam has not been held in accordance with law, the Statute and the general acts of the Faculty.
Candidates may file a complaint with the Dean within 36 hours of publishing the ranking list.
The Dean shall pass a decision on the matter within 24 hours of receiving the complaint.
Candidates ranked up to the number envisaged for enrolment shall be enrolled in the academic studies of the third degree.
Foreign citizens may enrol in the first year of academic studies of the third degree under the same conditions applicable to Serbian nationals, if they have health insurance, have command of the Serbian language and pay the tuition fee.
When applying for admission, candidates should submit the following:
- Completed application form;
- Certified photocopy of the diploma or a certificate of previous education;
- Certificate of equivalence of the completed study programme, signed by the Dean, if the candidate completed his/her studies according to the previous laws;
- Transcript of grades with ECTS credits, if any;
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Motivational letter (font: Times New Roman, font size: 12; up to 3000 characters);
- Receipt of payment of the fee of 7,000.00 dinars for applying for the competition, into account No. 840-1610666-88, indicating that the payment was made for the entrance exam;
- Portfolio of artistic works, A4 format, with 6 reproductions of works related to the field for which the candidate is applying (painting, sculpture, graphics) and 10 reproductions of drawings. The reproductions may be the photocopies of works or digital prints. The entire contents of the portfolio also need to be presented on a CD;
- Certificate in a foreign language.
The Faculty shall establish the tuition fee for the citizens of the Republic of Serbia amounting to 150,000.000 dinars for an academic year.
The tuition fee for foreign citizens shall amount to the dinar equivalent of 2,000.00 euros according to the middle exchange rate of the National Bank of Serbia on the day of payment.
Dimitrije Pecić, M.A., Full Professor
Dean of the Faculty of Fine Arts